Did you know that around 80% of cow health problems occur within the first 4 weeks of calving? That's a significant number, and it includes issues like milk fever, ketosis, retained membranes, ruminal acidosis, grass staggers, mastitis, metritis, displaced abomasum, and lameness.
It's not just the cow's health that's at stake either. Around 80% of disease costs in adult cows occur in the first 4 weeks post-calving, so transitioning the cow in a smooth and trouble-free way is imperative. That's where our Superstart Lead Feed comes in.
The Nocek trial showed strong results when a direct-fed microbial (DFM) was used pre and post-calving, using three simple probiotic strains. Our lead feed contains 11 strong biological compounds, including the three used in this trial. Farmers who use our product report the following benefits:
- Reduced sub-clinical and clinical ketosis
- Minimized assisted calving's
- Cows calve with improved levels of energy and strength
- Improved rumen function, resulting in less stress at point of calving and increased dry matter intake
- Improved immune function and reduced herd health costs
- Cows holding condition better after calving
- Reduction in ovarian cysts
- Reduced interval from calving to first heat or conception
Australian farmers are reporting significant improvements in reproductive performance with the combination of BioRumen Superstart Lead feed prior to calving and BioRumen DFM after calving.
At a time when there is a growing concern about the use of antibiotics in farming, our approach is more relevant than ever. By improving the cow's health naturally and without the use of antibiotics, we offer a pathway to zero antibiotics. Our modern farming approach is sustainable, safe, and effective.
The Pathway to Zero Antibiotics - A Modern Farming Approach